Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 13th


As many of you know Monday was one year since my sister, Azure Dea Starkes passed away. It's so crazy it has been a year! It still seems like she is just going to walk in the door! Any how, Kati, Lori and I were able to drive up to Heber together to visit with my mom and dad. Ben joined the reunion on Sunday. All we were missing was Deni, and of course Azure. We really did miss you, Deni. We wish you were able to be there. We had alot of fun enjoying one another. We had a lot of girl time. It was fun to enjoy one another. On Monday, we went out to Azure's grave and laid some brick down and we went out to lunch afterwards. I was really glad that my mom wanted to do that. It was good for all of us I think to be able to spend sometime together and do some service.

My daddy and me


Kati and Lori


Kati and Dad


Mom and Me


Ben

The finish product: My mom and dad have already done alot of work on Azure's gravesite, but this what it looked like when we were all done.




I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has kept our family in their thoughts and prayers. Thank you Lonna for letting Taya come play with Ali so we could work on the block. We miss Azure. I don't think anything will ever change that. Little Eric is getting big and is learning more and more everyday. We sure to love the little bit of Azure we have left here. I am very humbled by everyone's love for my family and for Azure. I am so thankful for the comfort in that I will one day get to see my sister again. Smiling and laughing! I really can't wait to be able to just hug her and talk with her again. There is so many things I miss about her. I just hope.... I really hope that Taya will be able to know what a great person her Aunt Azure is and how much she loves her...

10 comments:

Deni said...

Great hat Jess. Is that your boppie?
he he he.

Wish I could have been there too...

Jana Adams said...

Its beautiful Jess!

Jaime Stephens said...

Wow you guys did a great job it looks beautiful and I am glad you got to spend that time with your family...

Jason and Kristy said...

That year went by so fast! I'm glad your family got to spend time together. The grave looks really good.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

The grave does look beautiful. I'm glad that I was able to see your parents and Ben on Monday. I do miss Azure too. I wish that she could be here to see Gavin. Although, I think that she was there to give kisses to him before he came to earth:)

She isn't forgotten.
Kandra

Karleen said...

It looks perfect ofcourse nothing but the best from your mom. We miss you all. I still think about her often. love you- Kar

Brandon and Kelli Starkes said...

I love Azure soooo much and I never had a sister just sister in-laws and Azure being one of those sister in-laws made me feel like blood and I love her for that and for all the other loving stuff she has done. Im happy I got to see you and your sisters and Ben Monday... Love ya tons

Brandon & Diana said...

It looks so beautiful! I woke up thinking of all of you Monday! I even left a message on your face book if you ever check it! I miss you!!! Of course Taya will know everything about Azure, you guys are doing such a wonderful job keeping her spirit strong. I love you all! :)

donnabigler said...

Thanks for the pictures, Jess. We need these things recorded whether I like pictures or not. These are priceless. It's just sad that the things we are able to do for her are at that location. A little more than a year ago it would have been at her home. I would never have believed it would have to be this way. I love you girl!!!!!!!!!

Lacey said...

The gravesite looks beautiful! How nice that your family got together. Your family is amazing. I love how positive you are from this experience!
It's amazing the peace that comes from knowing families are forever!
Thinking of you!