Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Azure!

Some of you may or may not have known that my older sister passed away in October of 07. It was a big surprise to us; she was in a fatal car accident. Any how today is her birthday. All day long I think I tried to keep my self busy so I wouldn't have to think about it. On my way home from work it started to hit and I just knew I needed to do something today for her to show that I hadn't forgotten her. I'd like to share of few memories or thoughts.

Taya likes to sing a song off of Winnie the Pooh. Azure used to play with her and sing it to her when she was a few months old as she would stand her up and sit her on her bottom, singing "when I up, down, touch the ground, puts me in the mood, up, down, touch the groud, in the mood, *smack* for food. I am stout, round, and I have found, speaking poundage wise, I increase my appetite, when I exercise!" Taya knows most of the words. She still needs promptings her and there but everytime I sing it I can see Azure playing with her again... Azure loved Taya and Taya loved Azure...

I was blessed to have a sister that I got a long with so well. Azure was one of my best friends in high school. We talked about almost everything and I enjoyed playing sports with her. I always seemed to find an encouraging note from her before a big game, test, etc.
Azure was such a beautiful person inside and out. I loved her. I still do very much.

Azure was all about comfort. Things needed to be comfortable in fact, for her wedding her brides maids wore capri's and flip flops, she wore flip flops herself. She didn't see the point in an ugly dress that you would never wear again. When we were taking picture in front of the temple after Azure and Brian where sealed she wanted a picture of us (her bride's maids in the water fountain) and don't think that being in a dress kept her form getting in there with us!! I always loved how spontanious and crazy she was!


Family was very important for Azure. She used to say "you mess with one bean, you mess with the whole burrito!" I know how important family was to Azure. She loved her husband, Brian Starkes very much. She also love her sweet, little baby boy, Eric Andrew very very much. I used to tell her that she spoiled him because she held him all the time and if he whippered she'd pick him. I am glad she did now! She was such an example in so many ways to me. I have always looked up to her. I miss her dearly and I can't say I don't wish her back everyday. There were a lot of things left unsaid... I know that she is in a better place, where she can watch over us all better. I am thankful for that knowledge! I love you Azure! Happy Birthday SIS!

10 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I remembered her birthday yesterday and I told Jared that I should call your family and let them know I was thinking about her too but I was chicken and just didn't do it. So I was hoping that you would post something about her. Please tell your family that we haven't forgotten her either. You guys are all so strong. She was a great person and a good friend. Thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Azure! That is so amazing that you have so many wonderful pictures of her and keep her alive in your mind and heart! I can't imagine what your family must have gone through and go through every day without her. She lives on through her son and through you all...her family!

Jamilyn said...

What a great post hunny! She was so amazing and its always nice to remember the things you missed and the things that made her who she was. Happy Birthday Azure!

{nicole coombs} said...

I was reading this post and all could keep thinking about was I can remeber Azure always Copying the line from Cinderella... HAP HAP HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love you guys!

Lacey said...

I love the relationship you have with your sister! Such a nice way to remember her on her special day! love ya!

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Hey girl what is going on? I am so glad that you posted about your sweet sister. I had to laugh at some of the hair styles and could totally remember her that way. I miss her and think of her often. I admire you and your family with how strong you all are. Love you..

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Hey woman.. We are doing good. I know the busy thing. We are in Taylor so anytime your here give us a call...

Jaime Stephens said...

Jessica that was a very sweet post for your sister.. Thanks for sharing all the memories and happy birthday to her!

Andalynn said...

I love this post! She was so amazing in so many ways. I always loved how sweet and kind she was to you and Katie! I remember some of those sweet moments when I was hanging out at your house! she trully is missed! Thanks for sharing. Oh and sorry I didnt make it out to Taya's B-Day Party Elisa and Nikki ended up coming down so I hung with them. Taya is growing up so fast! Give her a squeeze for me! Love Ya,
Andalynn

Traci said...

What a sweet post. That is so awesome that you were so close to her and you have such good memories of her. Alot of sisters dont get along to well now a days. Im glad everything is going well for you guys.