Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update!!

Ok, so I am sorry it has taken me so long to update our blog.... We have been so busy!! When we are not working at work, we are working at home, or playing softball and chasing Taya. Nic has been keeping himself busy landscaping the backyard. I haven't gotten pictures of it yet. It is always too dark by the time I think about it. It is going to look great though. He has been working on it every weekend and I think that we are becoming quite regulars at Home Depot and Lowe's! I have been staying busy painting inside of the house. Here is a before and after of the guest room (the paint was an oops paint for 5 bucks!!)


Also we celebrated my 23rd birthday! (KIM you were right thanks for remembering!!) Nic surprised me with a Cricut Expression which I am SOOOO excited to use!! I have only used it once but I am excited to get to use it for all kinds of fun stuff like the craft Amanda helped me make, We made one for my mom too for mother's day but different colors and stuff...


Nic also invited our family over for cake and ice cream. It was a lot of fun and I am so thankful for all of you who came to hang out with us!! Thanks for all the awesome presents and cards! And thank you for making a trip out to see me on my birthday! I am so thankful for Nic and his thoughtfulness! Thanks Babe, I love you!! any way here are a few pictures of the night! Oh and Amanda thanks for watching Taya for me! We sure do appreciate you guys and Mom thanks for everything the cake was delicious! Lori thanks for bringing the ice cream, and all you do for us as well. Our family is sure blessed!!




I have also been making bows for Taya's hair. They are so cute!!



Okay and a quick update on Miss Taya. (sorry this is so long) Taya is growing up so fast. We are almost done potty training and she talks and understands so much. Nic and I just like to listen to her babble while we crack up at her. She has such a funny personality and is so smart. She loves to help me cook, paint, clean, make a mess, etc. She is definitely my little helper aka MESS! haha She also loves to help Nic with anything he is doing whether it is feeding the dog, working on the truck, or working on the back yard! She is right there in the middle of it all!! Anyway here are some pictures of Taya in action!!



9 comments:

Deni said...

It's amazing the difference a little color can make on a wall. The guest bedroom looks Great Jess.

See you in a week and a half.

- Deni

Alissa Mott said...

you guys have such a cute little fam! you had asked what my madian name was, it was Day. Nic and I have known each other since Freshman year, im glad to see him with such a cute fam:) That is so funny you guys went on the same honeymoon, didnt you love Laguna Beach? I wish I could live there;)

Fullerton Family said...

Yay, a much needed update!! Taya is getting so big and she is such a little doll! Very cute bows, aren't they so fun to make?
I am super jealous of your Cricut, I want one so bad!!!

Lacey said...

Glad to see you haven't TOTALLY abandoned your blog!! Taya is SO CUTE! She's your little mini me!!

Love that you got a cricut..I'm on the fence as my scrapbooking as tapered as of late!! I need to get back on the wagon...I just keep getting further and further behind!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your getting SO OLD! Wink! Wink!

The Giffords said...

Happy birthday! Julie and I were lost out by your house last Saturday and called to see if we could come by, but there was no answer. We were looking for a bridal shower that, as far as we know, was at a place that doesn't exist. Anyway, thanks for posting pictures of the house so we can see what it looks like. Congrats on the potty training.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I really like the color on the wall with the frame,bed etc. When it comes to that sort of thing I think I will hire someone to pick out the colors for me and decorate. Taya is too cute!She is going to be a looker just like her mom when she grows up!

Happy Birthday!! I can't beleive you are 23...I'M GETTING OLD!

Jamilyn said...

I love the new hair I miss you and I cant wait to see you. Sorry I missed your Birthday I'm horrible with those things BUT im getting a calendar book so I stop forgetting! The house is coming along great too. its amazing how much time it takes up even a new house. Hope everything is going great. Love you

Anonymous said...

Happy BIRTHDAY! Taya is such a cutie!

DeWitts said...

CUTE! Your house is so cute! Taya is adorable and getting so big! I've been asking for a cricut since kristy got one so i'm so jealous.