Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chubba Chubba!




So one Tuesday we took Kamden to the Doctor to do a weight check to make sure he was gaining weight. When Nic and I took him last week he weighed 7lbs 2oz. Which was good seeing as he had dropped down to 6lbs 14oz by the time we left the hospital. Anyway he weighed 8lbs even at the Doctor. We see a PA named Bill at Mesa Pediatrics and I really really like him. He's on top of things and he is really good about making you feel like your concerns or questions are important. Anyway Bill walked in and visited with Taya a bit... she Loves him. And then he said, "So did the nurse tell you how much Kamden weighs?" I replied, "Yeah, 8lbs even." He then told me how idealy they want a newborn to gain at least 1/2 an oz a day and Kamden gained 14oz in 7 days. Meaning his average weight gain was 2oz a day!! "So can we say chunk?!" The Dr said then he said, "My next question is... I have a bunch of kids that can't gain weight. Can I send them your way?" I just started laughing. Nursing Kamden has been such a great thing so far.. he wakes every 3-4 hours to eat and I haven't had an problems like I did with Taya. I am alot more dedicated to it this time. So things are great! I am enjoying being home with both my kids. Taya is a big helper and she adores her little brother!

10 comments:

Rachel and Jake Squire said...

he is so cute!!! I love all of his dark hair! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! He looks just like your husband! That's great he's gaining weight!

The Giffords said...

Jess, He is so Adorable! I just want to nibble on those cheeks a little. And oh the hair, so fun! I am so glad things are going better this time. We love you guys. Keep the pictures coming so we can see him grow.

Becca said...

He is a Chunk but oh so cute!! Love his cheeks. Hey you should go enter my free photo session giveaway on my photog blog. You could win a free baby session.
www.agirlnhercamera.blogspot.com
Im drawing for it on sunday. How have you been feeling? Are things getting better? I sure hope so. HUGS!!

Lacey said...

So so cute! Love when they start getting little fat rolls-and those cheeks are so stinkin' cute! Just want to smush him!!

So happy all is well at your house and your home with your kids!

Alissa Mott said...

What a cutie!! :) Congrats!!

DeWitts said...

I can't wait to hold him. I hope one day soon. Glad everything is going well for you. So really how is it having two kids?

Jamison, Monica, Trenton, and Maylee Butler said...

he is so cute! gotta love that chub!

Taralee said...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need to snuggle him.
Can I have him? Please?

Dawna Greer said...

What a sweet little family--congratulations on your newest addition! They both are precious.