Monday, February 25, 2008

FUN WEEKEND

We had a very eventful weekend. We went up to Snowflake and Heber this weekend cause Nic had some business in Snowflake and we wanted to visit with family. We left after work on Thursday and headed out to got through the canyon. The alternator in the car went out just in time for us to reach the Auto Zone in Globe. WONDERFUL!! I know. It is amazing that I am married to a mechanic though!! We got what we needed and the guy that worked there helped Nic take out the old alternator and put in the new one. It took about a hour and a half to get that done so by the time we left Globe it was 10:30pm. We had to stop a couple times on the way to Snowflake to POWER NAP! We reached Grandma and Grandpa Despain's at about 1:00am!! But we got there safe and that was the important thing. Taya having slept the whole way was up and ready to go at 7:00 am the next morning! Much to our dismay!! lol! But we got to spend the morning with Grandma and Grandpa before they had to go to the temple and Then we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with Grandma Holladay. Taya helped roll out dough and make Cinnamon rolls! Uncle Brett, Aunt Tobie and the boys came over and hung out and we were surprised by Nic's parents as well. I did some hair for the neighbor next store, it was good visiting with Shar and getting to know Mrs. Hatch better! At about 10:30 we went back the Grandma and Grandpa Despain's and visited with them and Uncle Randy and Randall a bit before getting Taya to sleep and going to bed ourselves! We woke up Saturday and visited a bit with Grandma and Grandpa Despain then headed over to Grandma Holladay's house. Jeni and Rayli came over and I did their hair for Clint's brother's wedding. Rayli and Taya have become quite the friends and it is so much fun to watch them play! And I will admit I have become quite fond of Jeni myself! lol! (Thanks for keeping them busy Grandma Kelli)Then we headed out to Heber where we spent time with my parents. My dad took Taya for a ride with the tube tied to the riding lawn mower! We also took her sledding (pictures to come lost camera!! ah!! I know) Then we went and hung out with my cousin Lonna and her husband Cameron, and their little girl Alli!! Alli and Taya had a blast!! It reminds me of me and Lonna when we were little and they haven't forgotten eachother you can tell!! We had a lot of fun! We sure enjoyed getting to spend time with them. Sunday we went to church and their ward with my parents, and then I chopped off all of Lonna's hair it is so CUTE! but so DIFFERENT!! I also gave my dad a little cut then Nic and I took Taya to Snowflake and stopped by Azure's Grave. IT is beautiful up there if anyone has the time stop by... It is hard seeing the grave but it is so peaceful up there. I know that that is not where she is but she was there that day!! I miss her dearly! I really do!

Anyway, we then stopped by Brian's to see little Eric! WHo is SO FAT! He's so cute and I just loved getting to see him. Also Brian and Ginger are getting married on Thursday at 11 am civil. They got her cancelation of sealing letter and they cannot be sealed for a year so they decided to go ahead and get married! So CONGRATS GUYS and we wish we could be there!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that everyone made it to and from Snowflake safely..I heard it was a beast on the rim. And no problem on missing the shower! I was so suprised and happy to see Courtney..she represented everyone!!
Thanks for thinking of our little one...one week to go! Oh the joys of having a c-section! I know the exact time this baby will be here! Kinda makes me crazy at the same time!

Unknown said...

This is Lacey..not Chris! Oops!

DeWitts said...

You where in Snowflake and you didn't tell us? Looks like you guys had a blast except for the truck trouble.

Karleen said...

I love your dad I bet he had a blast with Taya. I wish I could be there to see Azure's grave. My congrats to Brian. love ya, Kar

Anonymous said...

I ran into Brian a few weeks ago at Wal-Mart...that little Eric is such a cutie. He sure does look a lot like Azure! Which is good she was able to leave a little of herself here with you all!

Sounds like you guys had a pretty good visit! Danika was up one night till 3 in the morning...the wide awake at 8 like nothing happen! We were wooped. I wish I had her stamina sometimes! LOL

Gardner World said...

Sounds like a fun trip!! It is nice to get away and just play. Your daughter is so CUTE!!

Ashley said...

It is funny to see a familiar face from the past. My name is Ashley maiden name Kirkpatrick, I knew Nic from high school and a mutual group of friends, I don't know if he'd remember me but just thought I'd say hi, found you from Devin and Melinda Porter's blog. You have a beautiful family.

Oh if you wanna see me and my family check out my blog koltonandashley.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

We live off Queen Creek Road and Ellsworth in Langley Gateway. We've lived in this house for only a few months so we're still getting to know the neighborhood and the neighbors, but we love Queen Creek!! I'm so excited for the Target just down the street form us!!

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

so I was blog hoppin and found your blog. so funny...my brother kyle and I were just talkin about nic the other day. Tell him we said Hi and glad to see you guys doing so well!! Congrats!!

Fullerton Family said...

Is it Cameron??? We were supposed to stay w/ him, but he got really sick so we made different plans, but I was wanting to see you guys while we were over that way, but obviously (from my post) my plans changed A LOT! I was SOOOOO bummed! Ugh, it was awful! Anyways, I was wanting to text you and kinda "suprise" you guys, but next time!! And next time you guys are up here, let us know!!! We would totally drive out to Snowflake or Heber!